Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cassiel's Baptism

First of all, let me start out by saying I absolutely LOVE this family! They are so easy-going and fun and laid-back. Plus they give their kids totally awesome names -- Lex, Bear & Cassi. (Okay, so they're short for Alexander, Barrett, and Cassiel -- but still totally awesome nicknames!) Anyway, I've known this family since oldest, Lex, was one (he is now almost 5!) He was just a tiny little guy when I first started at the daycare. They added Bear to the family almost three years ago and I now get to spend every day with him in my room. Sweet Sassy (er...Cassi) is now 9 months old and without a doubt the most angelic-looking child I've ever seen. She literally looks like a doll -- absolutely gorgeous! She's not a huge fan of mine (mainly because there is always someone else that she likes better) but she was my best friend the day I was invited to attend and photograph her baptism. We met up at the church on a blazing hot day and got a few family pictures outside before the service. It was a small, quick, beautiful ceremony that was attended by family as far away as New York! Afterwards, we headed back to the house for food and comaraderie. We were able to get some pictures of Cassi by herself as well. I had a great time spending the day with the family and am honored that they asked me to be a part of Cassi's special day.


Cassi's maternal grandma is from Portugal, so the picture below is a close-up of the very special cross necklace that she gave her as well as the Lord's Prayer written in Portugese.