Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Megan + John = The Kumpfs


I've been photographing Megan & John's family for about 7 months now. I met them when their youngest daughter started at the daycare. I was thrilled when they asked me to photograph their wedding! They are such an amazing couple, so easy-going. Megan was such a photographer's dream...willing to do whatever I wanted her to do. Their two families are a modern-day Brady Bunch: He has three boys from a previous marriage, she has two girls from a previous marriage, and they have one baby girl together.

I met up with Megan at the Great Wolf Lodge in Wisconsin Dells to photograph her getting ready then we headed over to the hotel to get the girls ready. The wedding ceremony was at an adorable little Vegas-style chapel right in downtown WI Dells. Megan had told me to make sure to get as many pictures in the first 10 minutes as possible and she was right! The entire ceremony was 10 minutes (at the most) -- short and sweet and absolutely perfect. We took a few pictures around the Dells and then headed to the dinner and reception in Necedah where we took more pictures, enjoyed a delicious meal, and they celebrated their marriage with their first dance together.

I wish them nothing but the best in their new lives together and I want to thank them from the bottom of my heart for allowing me the opportunity to capture their special day.

I decided that, rather than upload 200 something pictures, I created a photo slideshow set to their first-dance song, Halo & Wings.